Friday, April 10, 2015

A Gift Idea For You



These fun little mini notepads were a snap to make.  They are perfect for a little gift -- I'm planning on giving them to my ladies who have come to my card classes this month. The original design (the blue one in the middle) was Sam Donald's from Pootles.  I love her work, especially her little boxes, and try much of what she demonstrates.  Check out her website and videos here.

These start as a pack of 5 mini notepads, purchased at the Dollar Tree.  They measure 5" x 3 1/2", so I cut colored cardstock at 5 1/2" x 3 1/2".  You can get two notepads with one piece of cardstock.  Score one short end at 1/4", then 3/8" beyond the first scoreline.  Put a piece of sticky strip along the edge.  This adheres to the back of the notepad.  The folded 3/8" section covers the top edge of the papers.  Decorate using a 4 1/2" x 3" piece of Whisper White.  I stamped the white with Painted Blooms in matching colors.  The sentiments were stamped, again with matching colors, cut out with framelits and sponged around the edges.  Pop them up with Dimensionals, wrap a bit of Linen Thread around the back and glue a tiny piece of bling on the front.  The only one I did differently was the Calypso Coral one.  I stamped leaves with Early Espresso and added a butterfly to the front.

I hope you'll try these.  If you have any questions about them, email me at karenshallam@gmail.com. Check out my Stampin' Up! website at www.karenhallam.stampinup.net, to see my other projects, sign up for my weekly newsletter, or to shop!  I would love to hear from you!

Until next time ~
Happy stamping!

Karen



No comments:

Post a Comment