Friday, April 17, 2015

Big News for PPA 248


As I stand back and look at  my card, I'm thinking...maybe, just maybe...I've been reading too many Dr. Seuss books with my grandson!  You think?!!!  Well, at least it's a cheerful card.  Hmmm, maybe I should give it with a gift of Horton Hears a Who!


This week's Pals Paper Arts sketch challenge got me started.


  • The polka dot paper from Moonlight DSP Stack provided the background, which I layered on top of Lost Lagoon and lifted up over a Whisper White card base.
  • The small polka dots inspired some large polka dots, which I cut from the 3 colors - Lost Lagoon, Basic Gray, and Crushed Curry - using the1" Circle Punch.
  • The sentiment is from the Big News stamp set, stamped with Lost Lagoon ink.  I separated the 2 lines in the phrase.  I colored "Big News" with a Lost Lagoon Stampin' Write Marker and adhered it with Dimensionals.
  • One last touch - MORE polka dots! - tiny dots using the Crushed Curry and Basic Gray Markers on the Big News ticket.
 All in all, a bright, happy card for a very happy occasion!

Thanks for looking!  Until next time ~
Happy Stamping!

Karen


3 comments:

  1. Such a fun and adorable card! Thanks so much for joining us at the Pals this week, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute baby welcome, Karen! Thanks for playing at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Dr Seuss and your card is fun. What new parents wouldn't love receiving this card and Horton Hears a Who?

    ReplyDelete