Monday, April 27, 2015

Flashback to PPA 249



          Challenges are so much fun!  They keep the creative juices flowing.  Plus they just give a great springboard for card ideas!  This one is the Pals Paper Arts Sketch Challenge #249.  The sketch was provided by Nicole Watt, and everyone can play.  Here is her sketch:

          You are given the liberty to interpret it pretty much any way you want.  I chose to take it quite literally this week, as you can see.
          I took a look at my Designer Series Papers and chose one that I haven't used very often, Flashback.  I love the reds and curry together, and I really like the fact that this is a gender-neutral card.  You could bedazzle it a little if you wanted to send it to a girl, but I'm kind of liking it with the option open.
          I layered the red onto the very thinnest of a black border.  Since only the outer rim of black shows, I used the largest square framelit and cut out the middle.  Why not?  It doesn't show, it takes away some of the bulk, and now I have a nice black square to use on another card.  Smart, yes?

Measurements:
Very Vanilla - 5" X 10", scored at 5"
Basic Black - 4 7/8" square
Red DSP print - 4 3/4" square
Red and Curry print - 2 1/2" x 4 3/4"
Curry circle - #6 framelit or 2 3/4"
Vanilla circle - #5 framelit or 2 5/16"


          Since this is a square card, it needs a special envelope.  Out comes the Envelope Punch Board!  If you don't have this, it is so worth the money for such a versatile tool!  I made the envelope with Very Vanilla and lined the back flap with a piece of the matching red from Flashback.

          Check out all the PPA entries for this week HERE. You are welcome to play along.  See all the products I used on this card below.  To purchase any of these items, just click on the picture and it will take you directly to my online store.  The paper and stamp set I used here will be going away at the end of May, so if you would like to add them to your stash, be sure to get them before they are gone.  See the full Retiring Product List HERE.

Thanks for stopping by.  Until next time ~
Happy Stamping!

Karen


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

  1. Karen, this card is so rich. Just love the colors you used! Thanks for joining us this week at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have never thought to combine these two scrapbook patterns, but they go amazing together! Thanks for playing with Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete