Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Reuse, Recycle for April Pals Blog Hop

Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for April where every day is Earth Day.  This month we are showcasing projects that use recycled, reused or other earth inspired elements and colors.  We hope you enjoy the Pals creative projects.

You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Candy Ford at Stamp Candy, number 10 on the Pals Hop.  If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all the projects.

 From Bread Crumb containers to Stampin' Write Marker storage:

          I needed to find a way to store my markers.  Did you know that they need to be stored on their sides?  I found that out when mine were drying up on one end!  Hello!  After storing them on their sides, they returned to their original, juicy selves (whew) but I still needed something to put them in.  Boxes took up too much space, but these round bread crumb containers worked perfectly.  That is re-MARK-ably ecological.  OK, I hear you groaning :-)

          I had to make them pretty and add some organization to the project.  So here is what I did...


          I chose these 3 coordinating papers from a Designer Series Paper pack and cut them to 6 1/2" x 10 3/4".  I put a strip of Sticky Strip to one short end then wrapped it around the container.




          Cylinders roll, and since I wanted them to stack together and stay put in my cupboard, I punched holes and held them together with brads.




          Because I like to be organized, I labeled my containers ~ one for Brights, Regals, and one set of In-Colors, one for Subtles and the other set of In-Colors, and one for Neutrals.



          They fit nicely in my cupboard.  They were super inexpensive.  They are colorful and usable!  And I saved them from the landfill.  Pretty great!
       


          The next stop is Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations, number 12 on the Pals Blog Hop!  Thanks for visiting; I hope to see you on next month’s Pals Hop!

  1. Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
  2. Lynn Kolcun at Stamping with Avery' s Owlery
  3. Amy Hoptay at Inking of You
  4. Becky Volpp at inkblossomwithbecky.com
  5. Natalie Bradley at Soiree by Natalie Bradley
  6. Jackie Diediker at Stampin' Jackie
  7. Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
  8. Kim Jolley at Stampin' Artfully
  9. Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
  10. Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
  11. Karen Hallam at Karen's Stampin' Site
  12. Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
  13. Benjaman Turner at He Stamps
  14. Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
  15. Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
  16. Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
  17. Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains 
To shop with me, sign up for my newsletter, or to view more of my projects, visit my Stampin' Up! website at www.karenhallam.stampinup.net.


2 comments:

  1. BRILLIANT!!! This is a fabulous post and what a great way to take your markers with you if you were traveling and keeping them in the proper color collections! When I work at home, I always have them in the color families like this...

    YOU ROCKED this....way to go!

    p.s. - LOVE the new website!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with Susan - you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete