Saturday, April 25, 2015

Silhouettes for Simple Saturday

          Hello Everyone!  Happy Saturday to you!  If you are new to my blog, I've started a 2-part weekend post.  On Saturday I show you a very simple card that is quick and easy.  Then on Sunday I "dress it up" a bit and call it Spruced-up Sunday.  I hope you will enjoy seeing my two versions of the same card.  Here is today's Simple Saturday card:

          This is super quick, yet a little different with the block print.  I simply inked up my 2 7/8" square clear acrylic block with Crisp Cantaloupe and stamped it onto the Whisper White card base (5 1/5" x 4 1/4").  I love the crinkly texture it gave, and I didn't do anything special to get it that way!  Sweet surprise!  After it dried, I stamped the bird and branch stamp from Serene Silhouettes over the top with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

          I did a little "surgery" on my stamp from Thoughts and Prayers:  the "Thinking of You...Please know that I care." is one stamp.  I simply cut it between the two so I could easily stamp half on the front and half on the inside.


          The envelope is lined with a Crisp Cantaloupe print from the now vintage Sweet Sorbet DSP.  Regrettably I never purchased the Backgrounds Designer Series Paper Stack for the 2013-15 In Colors. They are perfect for lining envelopes.  If I'm not too late, I may still be able to get it this month.  Check out the current Retired List here for any products that you know you will regret if you don't get them before they are gone!

That's it!  Check back tomorrow for the Spruced-up Sunday version of this card.  I think you will like it!

Until tomorrow ~
Happy Stamping!

Karen

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment