Friday, May 22, 2015

Don't "Crimp" My Style!


Before I describe to you how I made this fun birthday card, I have to tell you that I got the idea from Brandy Cox.  She has several videos that she has made to teach us how to do certain techniques, and when I saw this one I knew I needed to try it.

I have a friend whose birthday is on Monday and this card is for her.  She loves all kinds of texture on her cards.  Although you may not be able to tell by this photo, the striped section of the card is crimped with a crimping tool.  It makes it look like corregated paper.  You know how girls used to crimp their hair (maybe they still do, I don't know) - that is what this looks like.


I used Early Espresso for the base, Very Vanilla layered with Espresso, and Calypso Coral for the flower with Old Olive for the leaves.

To color the crimped paper, I simply ran my Espresso pad over the raised portion of the paper.

The greeting came from the stamp set, Amazing Birthday.  The flower was punched with the Flower Medallion Punch, the Petite Petals Punch, and the 1/2" Circle Punch.  The leaves are just another flower from the Petal Potpourri stamp set.  I cut out 2 of the petals to create the leaves.

So thank you to Brandy for sharing this great card technique and layout.  I love it! 

Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!  Until next time ~

Karen
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment