Saturday, May 16, 2015

Is it green or is it blue?



I love - l o v e - this new In Color, Mint Macaron!  But I'm confused...is it green or is it blue?  When I put it next to my blues, it looks green.  When I put it with my greens, it has a very bluish tint.  So I pulled out my greens that have blue undertones and I think it goes quite nicely with them!  These colors are ( top down) Mint Macaron (available June 2nd, Wild Wasabi, and Garden Green.  These colors together reminded me of my back yard - different shades of green with watery blue - so I decided on this grassy silhouette stamp from Serene Silhouettes to be my focal point.

Have you checked out this week's Weekly Deals?   This punch is for sale this week, through Monday.  It is one of my more recent purchases and a new favorite!  If you don't have it yet, take advantage of the 25% discount and get it now!  It's the Hexagon Punch - so fun for stacking, mixing and matching, creating these ombre-effect cards.  There are many ways to use it.  And it has a coordinating stamp set that is carrying over to the new catalog (yippee!) called Six-Sided Sampler.  The ribbon I used on this card is also on the Weekly Deals.  It's Wild Wasabi Seam Binding Ribbon.  So soft and beautiful!  I love working with it.

A peek at the inside shows a stamp from Flowering Flourishes.  I used Very Vanilla as the base for the hexagons and the inside, for a softer look than Whisper White.


For more looks with the Hexagon Punch, here is another card I previously created with this punch and the Six-Sided Sampler stamp set:

I made this one with a combination of Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, and Real Red.  Some of the hexagons were stamped and punched, others were just punched out from Designer Series Papers.  The sentiment is framed with an embossing folder that is very similar to another item in our Weekly Deals called Fun Frames Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  Click on the links to see all of the specials this week.  Take advantage of the sale and order before the end of Monday, May 18.  And of course, I would very much appreciate you listing me as Demonstrator when you place your order!  Thank you!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Karen

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment