Monday, August 3, 2015

Kit Me!


I have to admit, I've never been much of a kit fan, BUT - the new kits that have come out in this 2015-16 Annual Catalog are changing  my mind.  These are beautiful!  And my favorite (right now) is this Cottage Greetings Kit.  Click HERE to get more information on it and to order!  You will want this one.  It's so charming.

I know that picture above is kind of fuzzy and I apologize.  I tried to take it right off the website.  I've got more pics of cards I made with the kit - with a tiny bit of Karen-changes to them.  Here they are:

My tweeks include putting a layer of Mint Macaron behind the wood square, and adding a bow of the Baker's Twine that is included in the kit.  Oh, and I scattered the sequins around a little!  I love the contrast between the shiny foil paper and the rustic wooden sheet.  These wooden elements come already cut to size.  I do recommend using strong adhesive when gluing to the wood.  Snail didn't cut it.  Liquid "green" glue works great!

Close up:

See what I did with the beads and sequins?  That came about after my glue seeped through the sequin and I wanted to cover it up with something!  Accidents can facilitate creativity!

Here is another:
The only change I made on this birthday card was to add some of the beads on the front.

And the last:
I stayed with the original design on this one.  I liked it.  Why mess with perfection?!!!  The envelopes and silver foil liners are part of the kit, as are the beads, sequins, and twine.  The only things you need to provide are the stamps - Cottage Greetings (available in Clear or Wood-mount), ink, and adhesive.

So, ready to try a kit?  It's such a bargain at only $16.00, when you get enough products to make 15 cards and lined envelopes.  Seriously, I don't think you could ever get such beautiful cards at a better price!  Kit me!

Questions?  Comments?  I would love to hear from you!

Until next time ~ Happy Stamping!

Karen




Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment