Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Jolly Santa, Retiring Product List, & Weekly Deals!


My first Santa card!

Are you still in the Christmas mode?  Or have you jumped into the next "season" of the new Occasions Catalog and sneak peeks that you will be receiving soon?

I'm still into making Christmas cards.  It's not Thanksgiving yet, and I still feel like there is plenty of time to keep creating fun, whimsical, and beautiful cards to send to all my nearest and dearest.  This one definitely falls into the fun and whimsical category!

I started with a 4 1/4" x 11" Real Red base, folded in half with a side fold.  Next comes a layer of Whisper White, run through the Big Shot with the Decorative Dots embossing folder.

The fun olive and red striped paper is from Merry Moments DSP (Annual Catalog) and it measures 4 1/4" x 3".  I glued it to a piece of Real Red, just a smidge larger at 4 1/2" x 3 1/4".

The olive banner is 1 1/2" wide.  I glued it to a piece of red and cut the red banner 1/8" larger than the green.

I cut Santa out of the Home For Christmas DSP for both the outside and inside.  I stamped a tiny candy cane, cut it out and glued it to Santa's hand.

The sentiment is from the Holly Jolly Greetings and Christmas Greetings Thinlits Dies bundle.  I heat embossed   HAVE A   and  CHRISTMAS  directly onto the DSP layer, then glued  jolly  down using my Fine-tipped Glue Pen.  I dotted the j with a red Candy Dot.  3 Home for Christmas Enamel Dots anchor the bottom of the card.


Inside I glued a 3/4" strip of the striped paper to the bottom edge, cut and glued a different Santa from the same paper.  Fun!

Definitely not your quick and easy card, but for someone special -- worth every minute, don't you think?

What is your favorite style of Christmas card?  Whimsical, beautiful, ornate, simple, elegant?  I'd love to hear from you!

Now, while I'm still in the Christmas card-making mood, Stampin' Up! is moving on... For the first time ever, they have published a Retiring Product List for the 2015 Holiday Catalog.  These products are officially retiring in early January, but they are only available as the current supply lasts.  So if you have been thinking about ordering that favorite stamp set, paper, or holiday ribbon, etc., NOW would be the time to do it - before they run out!!!  Click HERE to see the list of retiring holiday products.

One more thing - my favorite day of the week - Tuesday!  New Weekly Deals!  Check them out by clicking HERE.

See you next time!  Have a great day!

Karen
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment