Today's post is an especially fun one for me! My friend and upline, Susan Itell, challenged her team to partner up and create cards that would show two versions of the same design. She has been posting her "Simple Saturday" and "Stepped Up Sunday" cards for quite awhile. In fact, they are a highlight of her weekly blogs and those of us who follow her look forward to her weekend posts.
My friend, Rosanne Mulhern, and I decided to team up and take the challenge! Rosanne created a beautiful "Simple Saturday" card (see it HERE), and I "stepped it up a little" for the Sunday post. To see both cards side by side, and to read about them on Susan's blog, go to www.simplestampin.com.
Here is what I did to make my card ~
Whisper White Thick Cardstock: 11" x 4-1/4", scored at 5-1/2"
Old Olive Cardstock: 51/4" x 4"
Calypso Coral: 3" x 3-7/8"
Vellum Cardstock: 3" x 3-7/8"
Daisy Delight DSP: 2-3/8" x 3-7/8"
- Stamp "Thank You" from the Daisy Delight Stamp Set onto the top center of the Calypso Coral panel using Versamark ink and heat emboss it with white Stampin' Emboss Powder.
- Glue the Calypso Coral panel to the top half of the Old Olive panel. Lay the Vellum over the Coral piece and glue it to the very bottom (where it will be covered by DSP and ribbon.)
- Glue the Daisy Delight DSP to the bottom half of the Old Olive panel, overlapping the Coral and Vellum a little.
- Cut a 5-1/2" length of Powder Pink 1/2" Finely Woven Ribbon and wrap it around the seam of the card, securing it to the back.
- Pop this whole panel up onto the Whisper White base using Dimensionals.
- Using a half sheet of Whisper White Cardstock and the Daisy Delight Stamp Set, stamp one daisy using Calypso Coral ink, stamping off once onto another scrap paper first to create a softer color. Stamp one flower center with Old Olive. Stamp three leaves, using Old Olive ink. Stamp off once for the solid inside leaf and full strength for the outline leaf.
- Punch two daisies using the Daisy Punch, one that was stamped and one plain white. Offset the two and adhere them together with a Dimensional. Attach them to the card with another Dimensional. Punch the Old Olive flower center with a 1/2" Circle Punch and glue it directly to the flower. Hand cut the leaves and tuck them under the daisy and glue them down.
- Brush the center of the flower with clear Wink of Stella to give it a little shimmer.
On the inside I stamped the sentiment and other images from the same set using Olive and Coral, then added a little white Baker's Twine to the stems ~
For the envelope, I covered the flap with a 1/4" strip of Old Olive and the rest of the flap with the same daisy print paper.
Whew, that was a lot of directions! Thanks for hanging in there with me! I hope you will want to try one for yourself.
The wonderful news is that the Daisy Punch and Bundle are once again available, so if you've been waiting to purchase it, now you can!
To do so, simply click on the images below in the Products List. You will be taken to my online store where you can shop 24/7. You have until tomorrow to cash in on the Bonus Days - don't miss it! For every $50 you spend by July 31, you will be given a $5 coupon code to use on any purchase you make during the month of August.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!