You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Sue Becker at RnR Stamping, number 5 on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all the projects.
Welcome...come on in! This is my front door on Halloween. Not very spooky, but all kinds of cute!
I created the "door" by cutting two panels of So Saffron at 1 1/2" x 2", and two panels at 1 1/2" x 2 1/2", then sponging around the edges with So Saffron ink and gluing them to the front of my 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" card.
For the wreath, I stamped the main image with Pumpkin Pie, then stamped the second leaf image first with So Saffron and again with Pear Pizzazz. I stamped the berries once with Cajun Craze and a second time with Chocolate Chip, then I lightly sponged around the outside and inside of the wreath with Cajun Craze to define the edges just a little. I made several loops around my hand with the Linen Thread, tied it in the middle and secured it with a glue dot in the center of the wreath. Then I tied a double bow with Pumpkin Pie ribbon and secured it with a glue dot.
The pumpkin is just three ovals punched out of Pumpkin Pie, edges sponged with Pumpkin Pie ink and held together with a Dimensional. The tiny black eyes came from the Cupcake Builder Punch and the mouth is the 1/2" circle punch. I free hand cut the stem from Pear Pizzazz and the door handle from Chocolate Chip.
"Happy Halloween!" is stamped with Cajun Craze onto Very Vanilla cardstock and punched out with the Word Window Punch.
I never like to waste paper! I found this little piece of "old school" DSP Stack in Pumpkin Pie. It was just the perfect size for the back flap of my envelope, so on it went! The newer paper would look just as good, but I really like to use up all of my old supply :-)
I hope you enjoy my card and I hope you are having fun looking at all the entries in our October Pals Blog Hop! If you would like to order any of the items I have used on my card, please scroll down to the bottom and click on the pictures. It will take you directly to my online store. Thanks for hopping with us today!
The next stop is Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn, number 7 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting; I hope to see you on next month’s Pals Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Ronna Butt at www.cardstockcastle.com
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Becky Volpp at Inkblossomwithbecky
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping with Avery’s Owlery
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog